Friday, September 27, 2013

The Astounding T-Shirt Sale Phenomenon of 2013

Click Here to: Buy A Shirt



How am I supposed to respond to this? If you could see my face as I type, delete, stare with wide eyes. Type, delete, and stare some more. 

Here is my best attempt to respond to the astounding phenomenon I witnessed yesterday:


Yesterday on my lunch break I called Hubs and asked, "How long do you think we should say we want to do this t-shirt sale to make sure we get the required minimum of 50 shirts sold?" We discussed and decided we would extend the fundraising to run 10 days and hopefully we could get 50 by then. I hit launch and went to microwave my taco soup. Sitting there eating, I looked to see if anyone has checked out the site yet- 2 shirts sold! In 2 minutes! I was elated. We can get 50 in 10 days! Let's do this.

Going room to room, talking to patients and my phone is buzzing off the wall in my coat. I slyly sneak a peak. My friends are a buzz- We've sold 49. I drop a quick FB shout out about # 50 and keep talking about why fried chicken and gravy is not an ideal breakfast food to a patient with Diabetes. My thoughts are really elsewhere. 50! In one day!

I run to "take a bathroom break". 30 people have shared the link on FB already. It's going viral. My phone keeps buzzing, "68"  "You're at $6000!" "This is crazy"  "79!!" "80 and counting" The texts were pouring in.

I am trying to text everyone back but my hands are shaking. 

The final count for DAY 1:

151 Shirts
$9381.00
911 Facebook Likes
38 Link Shares on Facebook
2 Tweets 
9 Pins on Pinterest

The money is one thing. I am thankful and it is very needed. But the support and encouragement. Man. That's what is choking me up. My kindergarten buddy, a friend I would ride my bike up and down the block with pretending we had our driver’s license and were dating members of Ace of Base, shared my link and spread the word.  Dear friends in Kansas, rallied in support. High School peps made shout outs and linked up the site. Fairmont Park was all over the place with links and donations. Old college buddies advocated for this cause and encouraged others to join.  With each share, post, like, sale, donation, and kind word my heart grew a little more and by midnight it was ready to burst!

For a couple who spent the last year struggling with feelings regarding our worthiness and identity- yesterday rocked us!

Thank you!
Hubs and I love you and are so thankful for you friendships and support. We are very blessed. Thank you for the outpouring of love!


3 comments:

  1. We see God's greatness in you. I'm thankful you can see some of it now too. And barely 24 hours in and over 10k raised! If this isn't the hand of God, I don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think something is in my eye...both of them. ;) SO EXCITED for you and your little family!! And glad you're getting an idea of just how amazing we all think you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I thought about your son walking through the doors of Crossbridge with you, and then into my classroom someday...I didn't want to miss this. God has done a great thing in your heart. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete