Friday, May 17, 2013

Restless




Restless.

I am restless, I am restless
I am restless, looking for you
I am restless, I run like the ocean to find your shore
I’m looking for you

I am the thorn stuck in your side,
I am the one that you left behind,
I am the dried up doubting eyes
Looking for the well that won’t run dry

I can hear you breathing,
I can hear you leading
More than just a feeling
More than just a feeling
I can feel you reaching
Pushing through the ceiling
'til the final healing
I'm looking for you

I’ll be waiting
Anticipating
All that I aim for
What I was made for
With every heartbeat
All of my blood bleeds
Running inside me
Looking for you
                   
- Switchfoot

I have spent a couple weeks here - swimming across this restless ocean. Waiting. Anticipating. Honestly, mainly doubting.  Then, my stomach began scrapping the sand and coral below me, signaling me the time had come to stand up and walk ashore.  I was scared I would not like the land He brought me to but when I finally surrendered EVERYTHING over, I stood up.

One simple prayer of a humble man.
Our life will be marvelously revolutionized.


No comments:

Post a Comment