Sunday, November 6, 2011

Miss Reprenstation




Newest Miss Representation Trailer (2011 Sundance Film Festival Official Selection) from Miss Representation on Vimeo.



I am not some super feminist. HOWEVER. The images and scenes they showed in the video montage in this trailer were really taken from popular culture. How did they make you feel? Degraded? And when you hear those teenagers talk about how they feel about it.... How does that make you feel? A smidgen angry and sad?
While there are parts and statements that I do not completely agree with in this video, I found it a powerful reminder to think carefully about giving support to certain media that is definitely not supporting me. Also it reminds me to be the role model of the type of women I want these teenagers to be influenced by and become.

No comments:

Post a Comment